Groucho Marx

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
~Groucho Marx~




Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trying something new

It's funny, I remember when blogs first started and I couldn't understand why anyone would want to read someone else's thoughts. Who cares? And now I find myself reading and checking blogs on a regular basis. So, why not?

I have learned so much from others and I enjoy finding others with the same interests as me.


I decided to start this blog for a number of reasons.

1.) I wanted to try something new.

2.) The future of my business is on the Internet, so I wanted to learn more about blogging, and what better way to learn than to actually do it.

3.) It's just one more way to keep busy and stay out of trouble.

4.) I enjoy writing and I thought what better way to use this skill than to write about what I enjoy: Reading, Crafting, and Baking.


There are, obviously, three purposes to this blog:

1-Reading Hello, my name is Joanne, and I am a Bibliophile. I love talking about books. Books I've read and loved (or hated), books I haven't gotten around to reading yet, and anything to do with my favorite authors.

2-Crafting I sew, do cross-stitch/embroidery, and I just started knitting. I love sharing projects I've done, talking about projects I'm working on, and sharing tips as well as seeking advice and ideas from others.

3-Baking I love baking. I never planned on making it my career, it's just a hobby I enjoy. I do have a small side business making small, specialty cakes for friends and coworkers. But I have fun with all types of baking: cookies, cupcakes, bars, etc... I experiment with recipes, I've created a few cupcake/cake recipes of my own and I'm pretty proud of them. It's just one more thing I like talking about and sharing pictures, recipes, and ideas.


I know what direction I'd like to take this blog, but in reality, we all know nothing goes exactly as planned. So I look forward to seeing just where this goes.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment